HVE Haute Valeur Environnementale - Récoltant Manipulant - Le meilleur des Champagnes

photo 27

le plugin flash ne marche pas sur votre machine

Home > The vignoble

The vignoble

Vines

Vines are climbers, which is why they have to be pruned. Pruning is the longest of the tasks required to maintain vines and is always done manually.

Pruning materials have developed considerably and most people now purchase electric pruning shears which significantly reduce the manual effort required.

Four different pruning methods exist in the Champagne region. Only three are officially recognised but others are tolerated.

In our vineyards we use Chablis pruning and cordon pruning on 50% of the area with a tolerance on the other 50% as the vines are in areas liable to frost.

These two noble pruning methods guarantee the quality of the wine since the old wood is maintained and rejuvenated slightly each year.

These methods allow for spacing between the plants which is healthier for the grapes as they are not too closely packed together and rotting can be controlled (one of the main concerns of pickers in the vineyards).

Successful pruning is essential in terms of the vine’s development throughout the year. If it is neglected or too long, the grapes will be small and therefore of inferior quality.

Vines - Champagne lignier Moreau

Preparation

Upon completion of this work, which lasts until late March or early April, the remaining wood is attached to the wire to ensure proper growth.

From June onwards, the growers set to work on the vines, recruiting staff to stake them out (passing the young maidens through the wires) in preparation for the various mechanised tasks until harvest time (treatment, working the soil and topping).

Trials are currently being conducted to mechanise this type of intervention, but this is a temporary measure as these materials have not yet been finalised.

Once this intervention is complete in early July, all that remains is treatment and maintenance work until harvest time.

We carry out controlled grass sowing on 70% of the area. The remaining 30% is much too steep for grass sowing and would present a high risk of slipping.

We introduced a floral fallow system this year to enhance the non-planted areas.

The harvest

The harvest - Champagne lignier Moreau September marks the end of a year of hard work whose fruit is the harvest.

In the Champagne region, the grapes are harvested exclusively by hand by seasonal workers from all walks of life. The principle is to cut off the entire bunch so that the grapes remain on the stalk.

Sorting and pressing

Sorting is systematically requested to ensure that all the grapes are ripe and that all green grapes and leaves are discarded.

The grapes are then collected and taken to various pressing centres.

We have our own press in the vineyard which means that no grapes or juice need to be treated externally.

We are keen to maintain our identity and our brand image as a human, family-sized vineyard to provide our customers with high-quality champagne.

Pressing - Champagne lignier Moreau


My Account

0 réf.(s)
0 item(s)
0.00 €

Lignier Moreau - BNP PARIBAS Champagne

Aide: Pour vous inscrire


Copyright © 2010 Champagnes Lignier-Moreau - All rights reserved

Site Map :: Recent changes :: Term of use :: Privacy policy :: Link :: Contact us

Champagne Lignier-Moreau Route de CHAMPIGNOL 10200 BAROVILLE - Tel.: 03 25 27 29 47 - Fax: 03 25 27 71 44 - Mail: contact@lignier-moreau.fr


(fr / en)